2021: Taste of Egypt with Jordan (WUAE) - MS Farah
14 Day River Cruise Cairo to Dead Sea
Take an extraordinary journey on this escorted tour of Egypt, beginning and ending in Cairo, followed by a 4-night stay in Jordan. Begin with a 3-night stay in Cairo-called the 'Mother of the World'-to explore the legendary sites you've dreamed of seeing. Stand before the Sphinx and the Great Pyramid of Giza; Sakkara's tombs of the kings, and a mesmerizing evening light show at the pyramids. Survey King Tut's treasures at the Egyptian Museum; visit Saladin's 12th-century citadel behind the walls of Old Cairo; and visit Coptic Cairo, where the Holy Family sought refuge, and home to Cairo's oldest Jewish synagogue. Fly from Cairo to Luxor and see the stunning of Luxor and Karnak. Walk among the pillars the colossal Temple of Amun Ra and along the Avenue of the Sphinxes. Embark on a luxury cruise on the Nile River to the Valley of the Kings and the Valley of the Queens and see the site where 62 tombs have been discovered so far, including the intact tomb of King Tutankhamun. In Edfu, visit the temple to the falcon god, Horus; and take a walk to the bluff-top temples of Horus and the crocodile god, Sobek-Ra, in beautiful Kom Ombo. Enjoy a presentation by an expert Egyptologist while sailing to Aswan. There, board a Felucca (traditional wooden sailing boat) to visit Kitchener Island's botanical gardens and the grand mausoleum of Aga Khan. Disembark your Nile River cruise through Egypt for two nights in Cairo. Take an excursion to the granite quarries that supplied ancient Egypt with the stones that built the pyramids. See the famous unfinished obelisk remaining there. Visit the gigantic Aswan High Dam and board a motor launch to the island of Agilika-home of the Temple of Isis. You'll also tour the world's widest open-air museum, take a scenic cruise on a feculla boat, and tour the city by night for an unforgettable experience. Your adventure continues with four nights in Jordan, with a flight from Cairo to Amman. Spend one night each in Amman and Petra, and two nights at the Dead Sea. Enjoy superior accommodations, transportation, and guided sightseeing with expert Local Guides to see the red city of Petra, Roman ruins of Amman, the ruins of Jerash, and the Dead Sea.
Call (614) 792-0002 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15014654
- Cruise Line
- Avalon Waterways
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 14 Days
- Cruise Ship
- MS Farah
Click for more information on this ship.
|Day 12||Dead Sea|
|Day 13||Dead Sea|
- US$ Price Details
Book now to guarantee Early Preview Pricing, available only until April 6, 2020.Dates & Prices do not include air travel.Participation in this vacation requires purchase of the following flights from Avalon Waterways, not included in pricing: (1) roundtrip air from your U.S. gateway, and intra-vacation air segments; or (2) intra-vacation air segments only, starting at $275. Required intra-vacation air segments are: Cairo/Luxor; Aswan/Cairo. Air prices were effective on November 19, 2019, and their availability is limited. At the time you purchase your tour, air prices may be higher.Price is per person based on double room occupancy. Gratuities to Local Guides & drivers are included. Call for single accommodation details and prices. Triple rooms are not available.Prices shown include cruise in Suite. Upgrades to Upper, Corner, or Owner's Suites are available.Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Avalon Waterways, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Avalon Waterways, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Avalon Waterways to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land/cruise vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; intra-vacation air, unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees, including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.10 per segment, and U.S. and international arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas and vaccinations; tips to your Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Avalon menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
- Additional airline-imposed fees for seat assignments may apply and are not included in your total package cost. Please refer to carrier websites for seat assignment policies and applicable pricing.
Booking your Vacation with Air
Our volume buying power saves you money. We may be able to provide you with flight arrangements from your gateway city. Avalon Waterways offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Early Airfare Price Guarantee locks in a price that is guaranteed not to increase. Air pricing and schedules are available approximately 330 days prior to last travel date in the itinerary. At that time the best air price will be utilized and a new invoice with the air cost and confirmed schedule will be sent. The identity of the carrier, which may include the carrier?s codeshare partner, will be assigned and disclosed at this time. If the guaranteed price is the lowest, the schedule with the lowest fare per contracted classes of service will be booked. Any voluntary change to the confirmed flights negates the guaranteed price and is subject to air pricing at the time of the change.
Guaranteed air-inclusive prices - air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional non-refundable air deposit of $300 per person is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Avalon in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus a non-refundable per person service fee of $30 (North/Central America), $50 (Europe/Middle East) or $80 (all other international destinations). Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Avalon has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.