GLOBUS 2019: Music Cities: Nashville & Memphis (NF)
7 days from Nashville to Memphis
This Nashville and Memphis tour is the perfect vacation for music fans who want to see and experience America's musical heritage. Enjoy southern hospitality during your 3-night stay in Nashville at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel and your 3-night stay in Memphis at the Guest House at Graceland, just steps away from the Graceland mansion. In Nashville-the city that 'music calls home'-visit the Ryman Auditorium, a National Historic Landmark that served as the home of the Grand Ole Opry for over 30 years and has more than a century of showcasing legendary performances. Globus has arranged a private guided tour of this famous place, along with reserved seats for a show at the Grand Ole Opry. Also visit the Country Music Hall of Fame, where you'll immerse yourself in the history and sounds of country music with its unrivaled collection of costumes, memorabilia, instruments, and photographs.In Memphis, home of the Blues and birthplace of rock 'n' roll, visit Sun Studios. This historic and still-active studio launched the careers of Elvis, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, and many more. No Memphis vacation is complete without a visit to Graceland, where you'll tour Elvis Presley's mansion, see his vintage automobile collection, and more. Finally, visit the Slave Haven Underground Railroad Museum, where you'll tour the antebellum home and learn about the owner's dedication to helping with the anti-slavery movement.Accompanied by a tour director who'll bring these cities to life with firsthand, in-depth knowledge, this Nashville and Memphis tour is sure to delight.
Call (614) 792-0002 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14357881
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2019
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Nashville||Welcome to Nashville, the home of Country Music! At 6 pm, meet your traveling companions for a welcome drink. Your Tour Director will prepare you for your upcoming adventure.|
|Day 2||Nashville||Start your day with a sightseeing tour of Nashville, including Centennial Park with its full-size replica of Athens' Parthenon, the recording studios of Music Row, and famous Honky Tonk Row. Afterward, enjoy a private guided tour of one of America's most treasured music landmarks, the [LF] RYMAN AUDITORIUM, a National Historic Landmark. Known throughout the world as the 'Mother Church of Country Music,' it served as home to the Grand Ole Opry for over 30 years. Its walls hold the country's history-from Harry Houdini, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Bob Hope to incredible musical artists like Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, and Elvis Presley. Tonight, you have reserved seats for an unforgettable show at the world-famous GRAND OLE OPRY. (B,L)|
|Day 3||Nashville||This morning, visit the COUNTRY MUSIC HALL OF FAME to see its collection of costumes, memorabilia, instruments, and photographs. The remainder of your day is free to explore Nashville on your own. You may want to visit the museums of such stars as Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, and George Jones. Other options include visiting historic Printer's Alley, shopping for souvenirs on Broadway, or listening to up-and-coming musicians at one of the many music venues in town. Your Tour Director will have suggestions for additional sightseeing, shopping, and dining. (B)|
|Day 4||Memphis||Depart Nashville and enjoy a stop at the DELTA HERITAGE CENTER in Brownsville, celebrating the beauty of the Tennessee Delta. Exhibits include the home of blues musician, 'Sleepy' John Adams, and Flagg Grove School, the one-room schoolhouse once attended by young Anna Mae Bullock, aka Tina Turner. Arrive in Memphis, known as 'Blues City,' where the first stop will be at SUN STUDIOS-probably the most famous recording studio in the world and where rock 'n' roll was first recorded. This historic studio launched the careers of Elvis, Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis, and many more. Arrive at your hotel, the Guest House at Graceland, for a 3-night stay. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Memphis||This morning, see the landmarks of Memphis on a city tour, followed by a visit to SLAVE HAVEN UNDERGROUND RAILROAD MUSEUM. Tour the antebellum home and learn about the owner's dedication to help with the anti-slavery movement. The remainder of the day is at your leisure. You may wish to learn how the famous Gibson guitar is made, from binding, painting, and buffing, on a factory tour; visit the National Civil Rights Museum, where you can walk through Martin Luther King's motel room from his fateful night at the Lorraine Motel; or stand on the elite trader's floor of the Memphis Cotton Exchange at the Cotton Museum. Tonight, why not explore Beale Street with its many music clubs? (B)|
|Day 6||Memphis||Today is devoted to Elvis Presley's GRACELAND. Tour the mansion, see his original business office, and his enormous collection of gold records and awards. The tour ends at the Meditation Garden, where Elvis and members of his family have been laid to rest. There's also time to see Elvis' collection of ornate jumpsuits and capes, as well as the automobile museum. Tonight, celebrate your time in Nashville and Memphis with a festive farewell dinner at one of Memphis' most historic and famous barbecue restaurants, [LF] Rendezvous. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Memphis||The tour ends after breakfast with guests departing on individual schedules. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director and driver are available for pre-purchase.Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single Room Supplement: $585Triple Room Reduction per person: $130Extra nights per person in Nashville:in single room $218; in twin room $124; in triple room $96Extra nights per person in Memphis:in single room $225; in twin room $129; in triple room $98
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).