Melbourne and the Great Ocean Road Summer 2019
Brochure Type: Australia and New Zealand DT and SB 2019
Combine the Capital of Cool and Australia's Great Ocean Road with a special encounter with the wild, waddling penguins of Phillip Island as they emerge from a hard day's fishing.
- 3 hot buffet breakfasts
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most regions or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Porterage, local tips and charges
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver, Driver Guide only on Mini-Stays
- All hotel charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (614) 792-0002 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14238016
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2019
- 4 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Melbourne||Arrive Melbourne (3 Nights): Kickstart your scenic coastal journey in Melbourne. Transfer to your hotel (flights anytime), then spend the rest of the day immersing yourself in what makes this city Australia's 'Capital of Cool'.|
|Day 2||Melbourne||Great Ocean Road - Twelve Apostles: We leave Melbourne's towering skyline and grand boulevards bound for the Great Ocean Road. Your journey will take you to the pretty coastal towns of Lorne and Anglesea, and through the lush tree-fern gullies and towering mountain-ash rainforests of Otway National Park. The imposing Twelve Apostles loom in the distance, rising high above the crashing waves below. Survey the grandeur of this iconic site from your cliff-top vantage point and stroll along the boardwalk, keeping your camera at hand to capture the natural splendour of this setting. See Loch Ard Gorge and discover the romantic and tragic story of love and lives lost aboard the Loch Ard in 1878. Explore Port Campbell National Park and delve into the tragic history of over 50 ships wrecked along this unforgiving coastline. Continue beyond Port Campbell to the remnants of London Bridge. Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Melbourne||City Sights - Phillip Island: Savour the aromas of coffee that seem to linger around every corner in cosmopolitan Melbourne. Your sightseeing tour will take you past Parliament House, Queen Victoria Market and the Royal Botanic Gardens. Travel to Maru Koala & Animal Park and connect with the koalas, kangaroos and Tasmanian Devils that find sanctuary here. View spectacular coastal scenery at the Nobbies, two rocky outcrops abundant in marine life, as you journey to Phillip Island. Learn about the Little Penguins and life on the island during a visit to the educational Visitor Information Centre. Witness a miracle of nature as the Little Penguins battle the surf and make their way to their dune burrows to greet their young families, then gain a deeper understanding of the environmental and conservation methods that ensure the wildlife and vulnerable geology of Phillip Island remain protected. Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 4||Depart Melbourne||Depart Melbourne: Your holiday concludes after breakfast. Transfer to Melbourne Airport for your onward flight (flights anytime).Buffet Breakfast|
- - These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class