Brochure Type: Europe 2018
This is the perfect journey for those seeking the allures of Europe through meaningful encounters with locals. Come face to face with a Royal Horse Guard in London, take a gourmet foodie walk through the backstreets of Paris and meet a nature ranger on top of Switzerland's soaring Mount Stanserhorn. Then it's on to Venice to meet a gondolier and learn about the age-old tradition of gondola navigation. Taste of Europe is your chance to experience the best of Europe. Enjoy a welcome dinner in one of London's iconic local pubs over a pint, as you get to know your fellow travellers. Experience local life with small-group dining in intimate restaurants around Lucerne on your Dine-Around evening. Sip canal-side Bellini cocktails in Venice at sunset, long after the day-trippers have gone off to their mainland hotels.
- Paris: Enjoy dinner in the heart of Paris at La Bouteille d'Or, perfectly positioned facing Notre Dame Cathedral. First opened as a tavern in 1631, La Bouteille d'Or has since evolved in to an elegant restaurant, boasting four centuries' of culinary excellence.
- Paris: Meet a local foodie for a behind-the-scenes look into Parisian life and try some local delicacies in a patisserie, boulangerie, fromagerie and chocolatier on an off-the-beaten-track gourmet walking journey.
- Lucerne: Choose from a selection of restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening and hand-pick your preferred ambience, cuisine and drinks for an intimate culinary experience.
- Venice: In St. Marks Square at sunset, long after the day-trippers have gone to their mainland hotels, sip Bellini cocktails canal-side before a delicious Celebration Dinner at a local restaurant.
- Included Quality Dining: 8 Buffet Breakfasts (BB) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Eurostar: Relax on the smooth, high-speed Eurostar train as you travel from London to Paris via the historic Channel Tunnel.
- Lucerne: View the emotive Lion Monument and walk the covered Chapel Bridge to see the Jesuit Church when you explore with your Travel Director.
- Paris: See Notre Dame Cathedral, the Eiffel Tower, facades of the Louvre, the River Seine and its romantic bridges, the obelisk in the centre of the Place de la Concorde and enjoy a drive along the Champs Elysees to the Arc de Triomphe.
- Scenic Drives: Throughout your journey, enjoy the scenery as you pass the areas of Burgundy, the Swiss Alps, the Italian Lake District, Lombardy and Veneto.
- Venice: Venice: With your Travel Director cruise to St. Mark's Square and see the Doge's Palace, Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark's Basilica.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (614) 792-0002 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13867195
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Your Journey Begins||Your Journey Begins: Board your overnight flight to Europe (please ask about our great deals).|
|Day 2||London||Welcome to London.: After checking into your hotel, enjoy a free afternoon exploring the pomp and pageantry of England's capital city. Perhaps relax with a walk along the Serpentine in Hyde Park or window-shop in the elegant boutiques of Knightsbridge? Alternatively, stroll along the River Thames to the iconic Tower Bridge and Tower of London. At 18:00, join your Travel Director for a Welcome Dinner at a local restaurant and get to know your fellow travellers during a pleasant evening. (Dinner with Wine)|
Amba Hotel Marble Arch, London.
|Day 3||London||Discovering London.: London has plenty to offer. Journey through London's West End, where your Local Expert will show you all the major sights, starting with a panoramic drive from Piccadilly Circus to Parliament Square and on to Westminster Abbey. Stop for the perfect photo opportunity beside an iconic Red Telephone Box, with Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament in the background. Continue past Downing Street to Trafalgar Square, where the four Landseer Lions protect Nelson's Column, erected to honour the victory of 1805. Visit the Horse Guards Parade to meet a serving Royal Horse Guard and learn what it takes to be a part of HM The Queen's Mounted Bodyguard. At the Household Cavalry Museum, discover the significance and secret messages hidden within a Cavalryman's uniform, there's even a chance to try it on for yourself. Next, stroll beside St James's Park along The Mall to reach the official London Residence of HM The Queen, Buckingham Palace. When available, you will have the opportunity to watch the historical Changing of the Guard ceremony in front of the palace. With the rest of the afternoon at your leisure, why join an Optional Experience and venture to the Queen's other royal residence of Windsor Castle to see the State Apartments, witness works of art from the Royal Collection and admire St. George's Chapel? (Buffet Breakfast)|
Amba Hotel Marble Arch, London.
|Day 4||Depart from London for Paris by Eurostar||Depart from London for Paris by Eurostar.: In the morning, transfer to London's St. Pancras Station to board the high-speed Eurostar. Your comfortable rail journey takes you via the revolutionary Channel Tunnel to Paris. During your time in Paris, see the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame Cathedral, the facades of the Louvre, the banks of the River Seine with its many romantic bridges, Place de la Concorde and drive along the Champs Elysees to the Arc de Triomphe. In the evening, wine and dine in a chic restaurant facing Notre Dame Cathedral and boasting four centuries of culinary excellence. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel.
|Day 5||Paris||Paris, the City of Light.: In small groups, join a local foodie and venture into neighbourhoods where Parisians go about their daily lives. Explore a patisserie, boulangerie, fromagerie and chocolatier - all tiny and filled with character. Treat your senses as you sample the delicacies along the way. With the afternoon and evening free, why not head up the Eiffel tower or see the can-can performed at a famous French cabaret? Perhaps see the city from the second elevation of the iconic Eiffel Tower, or why not visit one of the world-famous cabaret shows? (Buffet Breakfast)|
Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel.
|Day 6||Lucerne||Beautiful Burgundy and on to Lucerne.: Journey through the Burgundy wine region, before passing the Jura Mountains and crossing into Switzerland to arrive in glorious lakeside Lucerne. See the town's proud Lion Monument, carved into a limestone cliff and dedicated to the heroic Swiss Guards who died defending King Louis XVI during the French Revolution. Then, take some time to stroll across the covered Chapel Bridge and see the baroque Jesuit Church. The rest of the day is at leisure to shop for fine watches and delectable chocolates. For dinner, choose your own style of cuisine from our selection of local restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Hotel Astoria Lucerne.
|Day 7||Baveno||Mountains and Lakes.: In the morning, embark on a scenic journey by funicular railway and open-top cable car to the summit of the stunning Mount Stanserhorn, where you will meet a Swiss Ranger and learn about local wildlife. Breathe in the pristine mountain air and, on a clear day, witness views as far as Alsace in France and the Black Forest in Germany. Continue your journey, across the Italian border. On the other side of the Dolomites, enter the beautiful Italian Lake District, a favourite retreat of the rich and famous where alpine scenery combines with lush subtropical vegetation. Arrive at Lake Maggiore's Baveno, noted for its narrow cobbled streets and charming 16th century square. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Hotel Simplon, Baveno, Italian Lakes.
|Day 8||Venice||Venice, the Queen of the Adriatic.: Enjoy a morning at leisure, making the most of your final moments amongst the charming Italian Lake District before your travels continue east through Northern Italy, to the glorious city of Venice. (Buffet Breakfast)|
B4 Bellini Venezia, Venice.
|Day 9||Venice||Venice & the Magic of La Serenissima.: Prepare to embrace one of Europe's most romantic cities. Visit St. Mark's Square, dominated by its magnificent basilica and overlooked by the great Clock Tower. Also in the square stands the immense Campanile and Doge's Palace which is connected to the prisons by the Bridge of Sighs. While here, visit an arts centre to watch one of the few remaining craftsmen blow Venetian glass. Meet a gondolier to learn about the age-old tradition of gondola navigation and how this skill is handed down from generation to generation. Your final evening starts with a water taxi ride along the Grand Canal to sip Bellini cocktails at sunset in St. Mark's Square, long after the day-trippers have returned to their mainland hotels. Toast the wrap-up of your adventures with good food, wine and company at your Celebration Dinner. (Buffet Breakfast / Celebration Dinner)|
B4 Bellini Venezia, Venice.
|Day 10||Venice||Arrivederci Venice.: Bid farewell to this enchanting city. Your departure transfer arrives at Venice Marco Polo Airport at 08:00 or 09:30. (Buffet Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class